Workshop on API technical writing
I’m excited and delighted to announce that I’ll be presenting a one-day workshop on API technical writing, in conjunction with the Silicon Valley Chapter of the STC (Society for Technical Communication).
The workshop will be a practical course on API technical writing, consisting of lectures interspersed with hands-on sessions where you’ll apply what you’ve learned. The focus will be on APIs themselves as well as on documentation, since technical writers need to be able to understand and use a product before we can document it.
Date: Friday, January 23rd, 2015
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
Location: 1295 Charleston Rd, Mountain View, CA 94043 (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/yW1hu). The building is on the Google campus. The workshop takes place in the “Araujo Tech Talk” room on level 1.
Cost: None. The course is given free of charge, sponsored by Google and the STC Silicon Valley Chapter.
- STC membership is not required.
- The course is currently fully subscribed. But it’s worth adding your name to the waiting list, in case a place becomes available closer to the date. We’ll check the number of tickets and the waiting list early in January.
- If you’ve registered but later find you’re unable to attend, you can cancel your order in EventBrite. This will open up a place for people who are on the waiting list.
The course will include the following sessions:
- Lecture: The components of API documentation.
- Hands-on: Generate reference documentation using Javadoc.
- Lecture: Beyond Javadoc – other doc generation tools.
Details and signup
For details of food, what to bring, prerequisites, and how to sign up via EventBrite, please head on over to the STC Silicon Valley workshop page.
Here’s some information about parking near 1295 Charleston Rd, Mountain View (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/yW1hu):
- There are several parking lots next to building 1295. You can park in any unmarked spot. Avoid spots that are marked for expectant mothers or other special requirements.
- If parking immediately near building 1295 is full, you can park in the lots near building SB50 (1350 Shorebird Way):
- You can also make use of the valet parking between 1245 & 1225 Charleston Rd.
Questions and comments
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.