Confluence 4 editor, wiki markup and XML storage format – tips from an expert
Graham Hannington is a Confluence fundi. He has steeped himself in the new “XHTML-based” storage format, bent the Confluence 4 editor to his will, and resurrected wiki markup in ingenious ways.
Graham has recently started adding his findings to this wiki: Advanced Confluence Tips. Here are the hints he has shared to date:
- Bypassing the Confluence rich text editor interface
- Converting Confluence rich text editor content to wiki markup
- Converting Confluence storage format XML to wiki markup
- Editing Confluence pages in an external validating XML editor
- Validating Confluence XML storage format
- Showing tag names and some attributes in the Confluence rich text editor
A huge thanks to Graham, for sharing the results of his indepth investigation and design work!
If you’d like to comment on Graham’s pages, or add some hints of your own, you can sign up for a username on the wiki. It’s free. :)
Brightening up the Australian winter
A Rainbow Lorikeet, encountered on a walk in the bush a week or so ago: